[Opensim-dev] Leaving Project

Michael Cerquoni nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:25:43 UTC 2010

Len,

Hate to say this but im not even sure who you are, I spend almost every day
in our Development channels, and I do not recall you ever making such a
request or even spending anytime in our IRC channel discussing what you are
doing.  If you are sitting around waiting for one of our devs to contact
you, you will probably be waiting for a very long time.  Our developers are
Volunteers, they have very limited time, if you want to develop something
custom then it is your responsibility to do the research and chase down
developers if you have questions, just posing a question once to a email
list and not getting a response, and then responding like you did, its no
wonder no one wants to help you.   If you are interested in development i
suggest you join our IRC and participate there,  Get to know the developers
so they know what your capabilities are and can trust in your abilities by
what you show you are capable of doing then some level of trust can be
developed that you are not just wasting everyone's time with fly by night
ideas.  We do appreciate your cash donations, but let me just say that just
because you have donated cash , that is not an automatic ticket to the front
of the line for help.  You should be donating cash because you want to see
this project be furthered as a whole.  Anyway not to keep harping on this
topic, but honestly if you expect results, the email list is not the way to
go about this, just spend some time on IRC and you will probably get a lot
further.   (irc.freenode.net) #opensim-dev #opensim #osgrid

Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org