[Opensim-dev] Status of presence refactor?

Mark Malewski mark.malewski at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:09:59 UTC 2010

Mic,

It seems like a good request.  I like the idea of a tag, but maybe we should
create two tags?  Use a 0.6.8.x tag prior to the merge, and a 0.6.9.x tag
after the merge?  Then save the 0.7 tag for the stable RC?

*> Can I make one request... Can we tag the current master as *
*> 0.6.9 (or something) prior to the merge?
*
Maybe just tag the current master as a 0.6.8.x prior to the merge, then just
create a 0.6.9.x tag after the merge?

That way we have two tags (a 0.6.8.x tag prior to merge and a 0.6.9.x tag
after merge).

Then we can work on bug testing, and bug fixing and then decide which of the
two tags we'll use for the 0.7 RC.  If the merge breaks too many things, or
is too unstable we can just revert to the 0.6.8.x tag series.

If the merge doesn't hurt/damage things too badly, and the fixes can all be
done fairly easily, then we can use the 0.6.9.x tag to use for a 0.7 stable
RC for the final release candidate (after it goes through the whole formal
RC bug-testing/bug-fixing release candidate process).

This way at least we have two separate tags (0.6.8.x and 0.6.9.x) that we
can use as tagged reference points for testing, prior to the 0.7 RC?

This way the current state could be tagged as a 0.6.8.x tag, then we can use
0.6.9.x for:

1) merge presence-refactor into master
2) create a sop-refactor branch from master immediately after

Then depending on how much work needs to be done after the merge of
"presence-refactor" into master, and the "sop-refactor" branch work that
needs to be done.  This way we can have two separate tagged releases that we
can use for bug testing and bug reporting.  Then depending on how much is
broken (and what the timeline is to fix the bugs) then we'll either just use
either the 0.6.8.x tag (pre-merge) or the 0.6.9.x  tag (post merge) for the
stable 0.7 RC.

                Mark