[Opensim-dev] are we eating our own dog food: when and why do we choose in-world meetings vs email vs IRC

Dirk Husemann drscofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Fri Feb 5 18:24:27 UTC 2010

as part of student project a small group of students the school of
applied psychology from the university of applied sciences of north
western Switzerland has been looking at how we, the OpenSim community,
utilize the different communication media for collaboration in Open Sim:
when do we use in-world meetings, when do we use email, when do we IRC.

the main goal of their study is to see which of the available
collaboration tools is best accepted and used by the community and why.
this insight will give them the possibilty to evaluate strengths and
weaknesses of the existing tools (hopefully) and give feedback on how
communication might be adjusted to best fit the needs of the community.

some of you might have already participated in the survey they've
created, if you did, thank you! in case you have not yet done that but
would be interested, they sure would appreciate your participation. they
ensure complete data privacy and confidentiality regarding the provided
information.

and, of course, they will make their results public in summarized form
once the project concludes.

so, here's the URL http://ww3.unipark.de/uc/APS09/1684/ in case you are
interested!

    cheers,