[Opensim-dev] personal plea on patents

David Simmons techiedavid at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 23:44:00 UTC 2010

Sometimes companies submit a patent application just to cover their
rear-ends. They may not even expect to get the patent, but don't want
to be dragged into court later because someone else got a patent - ie.
Microsoft losing the xml case for MS Word 2007.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Frisby, Adam <adam at deepthink.com.au> wrote:
> Guys, I’ve said this before.
>

> DO NOT POST PATENTS ON THIS MAILING LIST.
>
> AVOID LOOKING AT THEM IF POSSIBLE.
>

> Everyone who looks at them is now liable for wilful infringement if they
> submit code around that area after looking at it.
>

> Regards,
>

> Adam

“The greatest danger in modern technology isn't that machines will
begin to think like people, but that people will begin to think like
machines” Unknown