[Opensim-dev] Refactoring of defaults between OpenSimDefaults.ini and OpenSim.ini.example

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:41:18 UTC 2010

I don't know if it's helpful to have a very non-technical user perspective,
but as someone quite new to OpenSim, I actually found it reassuring that all
the settings I MIGHT want to change were all in one place.  As I have
learned more and gotten more comfortable with how the system works, I've
then gone back and played with additional settings in the OpenSim.ini file.

If it improves something technically then by all means change it, but from
my perspective, it's actually a good thing to have a single place to look
for where I might have goofed up a setting, or where I might change the
functionality of my sims.  Even the settings I have no intention of messing
with now, it's good to know they are there and that I COULD change them down
the road if I want to.   It's pretty educational for us n00bs.  =)

Sincerely,

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
Second Life Ambassador, Ohio Learning Network
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088