[Opensim-dev] [libsl-dev] T pose issue

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Thu Apr 29 20:10:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

this is different from the reported bug, which was that avatars log
in in T-Pose. This also happens on the LL grid.

However, avatars already in-sim should be correctly displayed to new
joiners.

This is a long-standing issue. It is caused by the current animation
pack not being sent to new observers. On the LL grid, when an avatar
first comes into view, the anim pack is sent to the new observer.

We are, however, currently not tracking "seen" root agents per
client, as we should, so we don't have the data to decide when to
send the anim pack. Because of that, we send it only when it changes.

This issue is distinct from the bug I closed. Please do NOT reopen
that bug, as it doesn't apply to what you're seeing. This is a
different behavior and I'm not aware of an exsting Mantis, although
I've been aware of the issue foerever.

Melanie