[Opensim-dev] New region modules

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 23 18:05:46 UTC 2010

Melanie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just took a look at a (relatively) new region module, the
> AttachmentsModule, and discovered that it implemente IRegionModule.
>
> That interface is deprecated and NO NEW MODULE SHOULD USE IT!
>
> Some of us work hard to eliminate modules using that interface,
> please don't create new ones! The interface is intrinsically broken
> and can't be salvaged.

Using the old IRegionModule was an oversight, it will be corrected soon.

Of course, adoption of these new interfaces isn't helped by the fact that, as far as I could see, there isn't any documentation for them.  All the existing documentation on opensimulator.org talks about IRegionModule.  IRegionModule also needs to be marked as deprecated in the codebase itself.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org