[Opensim-dev] Opensim 0.6.6 release standalone hangs at 'Waiting for Region Handshake'

clive gould cliveg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:12:02 UTC 2009

This was eventually solved by a combination of the following changes
(coutesy of Douglas Isaac the Network Team Leader at Bromley College):

a) GnatBox firmware upgrade (newly released)
b) ISA Opensim Publish Protocol definition changed for UDP “Receive
Send” instead of “Send Receive”
b) ISA Handing changed so that “Requests appear to come from the ISA Server”

Traffic from the internal network to the DMZ is terminated, inspected
and repackaged and then sent to the server with the from address of
ISA.