[Opensim-dev] OpenSim 0.6.8 post-fixes Testing

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:25:02 UTC 2009

Ai Austin wrote:

> After 5 minutes of running though, I got the same error I had
> reported on the 0.6.7 post-fixes version, but that does not occur in
> weeks of continuous running on 0.6.6.  The messaging server reports (in red):
>
> Unable to connect to server http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac,uk:8002. Server
> not running?
>
> The user server on 8002 is running, and shows no error messages at all.

I hope to spend some time thinking about this soon and perhaps putting in some
temporary instrumentation.

Does this appear to be occurring a lot quicker with 0.6.8 than with 0.6.7?  I
seem to remember that with 0.6.8 it would take a few hours for this effect to
kick in.

> -----------------
>
> By the way... the current Opensim.ini file does not have default
> entries for WebStats.. which it would be useful to add even though
> they are off by default... perhaps adding a section as as follows:
>

> [WebStats]
> ; See http://opensimulator.org/wiki/FAQ#Region_Statistics_on_a_Web_Page
> ; Use a web browser and type in the "Login URI" + "/SStats/"
> ; For example- http://127.0.0.1:9000/SStats/
> ; enabled=false

Thanks for the suggestion - I've added this.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org