[Opensim-dev] OpenSim 0.6.8.RC1 branched

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 26 20:12:24 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

As per yesterday, I've now branched 0.6.8-post-fixes and changed the version
designation to RC1.

You can get this branch from git using the command

git checkout -b 0.6.8-post-fixes origin/0.6.8-post-fixes

I've also created a 0.6.8.RC1 version in Mantis for bug reports.

Please test :)  I'm really looking for massive showstopper bugs reproducible by
more than one person.  Other major existing problems that aren't regressions are
best reported against Git master.  Of course, any low-risk fixes to these can be
backported to 0.6.8, either before or after release.

The major config change, afair, is the move of the Grid Service into ROBUST,
leaving the User Service as the only remaining standalone grid executable.  Some
instructions for this migration are at

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/ROBUST#An_Example_Conversion_From_UGRM_To_URM

I hope to do some work on the main config page to update the instructions for
0.6.8 when it's released.  I know this page is also horrible in other respects -
I did a bit of hacking around today but it's a big problem.  Hopefully any work
will still be useful to anybody rewriting instructions.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org