[Opensim-dev] Implemented oar merge facility

Zonja Capalini zonja.capalini at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 23:29:50 UTC 2009

Excellent news. I'd not make the options mutually exclusive, but inclusive,
i.e., "save everything from user U in parcel P",
"save everything from parcel P", "save everything from user U", etc. I'd
allow for UUIDs and FirstName LastName to specify
a user.

Another nice option would be to add height slices: "save everything [from
user U] [in parcel P] between 1000 and 2000 meters".
Good for sandboxes and stacked worlds.

In the same line of thought, maybe allowing for an x,y,x+dx,y+dy notation
would also be nice: "save everythinng
[from user U] between 100,100,200,200".

Finally, adding group support would be super: "Save everything deeded to
group G". Even "save everything created by
members of group G and/or deeded to G".

Oh, I know that's probably too much to ask, but it was you who asked for
feedback, right? :-)

  /Zonja