[Opensim-dev] Any objections to starting the OpenSim 0.6.8 release process?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:21:07 UTC 2009

Sounds like a plan - let's go ahead with starting the 0.6.8 process and do a 0.7
once we've completed the transition to ROBUST.  To me, a 0.7 sounds like
something that would happen early next year - I'm not sure one would want to do
another release before the holidays.

God willing, I'm going to pick out a revision to branch from some time tomorrow
(Thursday) and do the necessary paperwork (change version numbers, add suitable
fields to Mantis, update the wiki, etc.) to start the ball rolling.

Ai, thanks very much for the offer of test assistance, I will be taking you up
on it.  Any other help that folks can render will also be very much appreciated.
  The aim will be to spot complete showstoppers, fixing other bugs will probably
have to wait.

Also, I'm still not sure why you have the messaging server to user service
connection problem in

It's one of those problems that is hard to reproduce.  Maybe they'll be some
time to do analysis work in the next few weeks since it is a showstopper bug for
you.  Even more so if anybody else is suffering from the same problem.