[Opensim-dev] Leaving Project

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 02:56:10 UTC 2009

I have very successfully used XAMPP as a primary feature of my portable
opensim project.  Utilized the included Apache server alongside the, also
included phpMyAdmin any web browser will do to bring up phpMyAdmin to create
MySQL databases, users, etc.

I do much of this using http://www.portableapps.com platform - it provides
the resources to run XAMPP, the Launcher and Firefox (for example) 100%
portably and with Diva's distribution or OpenSim I've compiled myself
(0.6.5.1) it works fantastic.

I've been tweaking a few different viewers to work off a thumb drive and all
but mastered portablizing them (huh, is that even a word?).

I can now run everything from a thumb (or more preferably usb hard drive for
speed) on any up-to-date Windows-based computer.

- Len