[Opensim-dev] 0.7 Release Discussion

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Sun May 31 13:43:40 UTC 2009

Again, this would be entirely by agreement - anybody not wishing to do bug fixing can do whatever they like, but I do think even core devs get a kick out of bugfixing now and then, and adding stuff like those pesky last lsl commands.

Regarding the mantis, there are several things that can be done; and what I was _really_ thinking was that "clearing" would mean "getting organized"

If we can rally users and testers to help with the mantis, there are a number of things that can be done;

1) De-duplicate

2) Place mantis is "feature" vs "bug" - I did say "feature freeze" and this is roughly what I meant - the feature mantises would linger, but would not be part of this endeavour

3) Off major feature bugs onto the feature voting site

4) Re-reproduce and close of non-reproducible

5) Place major issues (that would require major restructuring) in a "post 0.7.0" category

This way, we could "clear" mantis, as in getting to a point where all issues with the current feature set is fixed or closed.

Again, only striving to set a tone.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson