[Opensim-dev] Anonymous Avatar

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Thu May 28 18:11:11 UTC 2009

Set authenticate=false in the opensim.ini and create a local launcher application that launches the viewer with the arg –login {randomfirstname} {randomlastname} {dummy password}

If you want to clear the avatar name, that would be really simple for a coder to clear the avatar names in the login process – just send spaces for first and last back in the loginresult. Also make sure the user server always returns empty values for all other users as well.

(both these have been done on many occasions when substituting the user/login service with something integrated to, for example, a third party user database)

If somebody would code a reasonably encapsulated and configurable patch for something like this, I think many would be thankful.

/Stefan

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson