[Opensim-dev] Memory cache

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Thu May 28 05:50:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

Imaze Rhiano wrote:
> Adding BSD compatible licence to the cache (CnmHashGenerationCache) is
> not problem (if I have understand right BSD licence still allows me to
> use it my closed source database project).

As the original creator, you can license the code as BSD to OpenSim,
but later also use the same code in projects with more restrictive
license. As the creator, you are not bound by the BSD license in
other projects you use the source code for.
However, closed source parts will never be part of OpenSim.

> Before jumping to coding with CnmHashGenerationCache - anyone have idea
> what is IAsssetCache interface and why there isn't any implementation
> for it?

IAssetCache was the old CommsManager implementation of asset
fetching. It was deprecated, obsoleted and removed. The remaining
implementation needs to be removed from the project.

> And why current
> CoreCaches implementation class "Cache" is used directly in
> FriendsModule and LandMaangementModule?

Because it is there. Cache.cs is an original contribution from me,
before I knew how collections really work in C#. It needs lots of
work, but because it was there, it was used. It's meant to be
generic and ubiquitous and I have some ideas on redoing it.

Melanie