[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-users] Difficulty build SVN 9480

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Thu May 21 04:35:00 UTC 2009

On my CentOS server I've deinstalled all of the standard Mono and built
mono 2.4 (minus the libgdiplus code with Mono 2.4, I used the system one
for that, issues with ODE and the recent one in Mono 2.4).  I used the
standard install to /usr/local.  Adding a LD_CONFIG_PATH entry
for /usr/local/lib and it came up fine.  You'll also need to define
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to build Nant.  Here's the entries in my profile that
are relevant.

export MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU=25

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

In summary, use the system libgdi* rather than the mono drop. Build the
mono-2.4 tarball and the Nant tarball and install.  That's enough to run
prebuild and build and run OpenSim.

Note, I'm running the 0.6.4 production build. I keep up on head but
generally don't run it.

Mike