[Opensim-dev] WARNING: r9562 may break things

Mark Malewski mark.malewski at gmail.com
Wed May 20 05:48:44 UTC 2009

Melanie & Diva,
I just want to say thank-you for all your hard work on the project, and also
thank-you for keeping us all updated with your most recent posts.

We've sent out several messages today to members of the OS community, I know
Dan sent out a message today as well (to OSHUG), and everyone has been
fairly warned to stay away from Trunk.

I'm going to wait another week or two till some of the "dust settles" so
that the core OS developers and the OS Alpha Testers are not getting sand
thrown in each other's face.  ;-)

I just want to thank-you for all your hard work, and thank-you for updating
us and letting us know exactly what is going on.

> The transplant is mostly done. See commit message for the things that
> are borked. Also note, I changed the config var you had called "Modules"
> to "ServiceConnectors", you probably need to change your local .ini.
> Talk to you tomorrow.>

I'm going to wait at least a week or two, just to give the core developers
some "breathing room", but Melanie please just post an "All Clear" message
when it's safe for the Alpha Testers to come out again and begin tinkering
again.

Melanie, if there is anything that I can do to help you (or others) with
documentation, WIKI page updating, or testing... please let me know.  Also,
thank-you again for your recent posts and the commit message.  Thank-you for
the recent warning, and if anything is temporarily "borked" I'm sure we'll
slowly find it, and work on helping to find all the bugs and things that
temporarily broke.  ;-)

Again, I just want to say thank you (and thank all the other core OS &
realXtend core developers) for all that you do for the OS Project and OS
Community.

                       Thank-you,

                           Mark