[Opensim-dev] breaking OpenSim.ini changes

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Wed May 20 04:57:28 UTC 2009

Can we _please_ post-tag a 0.6.5-rc1, from before the current breaking changeset? Anybody got a good candidate rev?

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson

Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 05:43:06 -0500
From: mark.malewski at gmail.com
To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] breaking OpenSim.ini changes

I completely agree with Charles...

It might be good idea to at least try to schedule or group all the ini "breaking" changes together, and also try to implement them as close to a new point release as possible, so that we can at least try to preserve "compatibility" between build versions and "minor update" releases and give users proper notice.

By scheduling the "breaking changes" together in groups, it would also give us additional time to update the WIKI pages, and properly document all the new INI changes in an updated "ReadMe" file as well.

                     Mark