[Opensim-dev] breaking OpenSim.ini changes

Dr Scofield DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Tue May 19 17:18:56 UTC 2009

Melanie wrote:
> Charles,
>
> I develop out in the open, commit early and often. Most of these
> past 100 commits were not meant to be used by anyone but myself and
> Diva. It's a work in progress in a work area and documentation would
> have been premature.

IMHO that is way too many commits that are not meant to be used by anyone but
yourself and diva --- coupled with "stay clear of that, we are going to change
it big time" you effectively closing out others who might be working in the same
area.

IMHO a better way of dealing with this is to document upfront (at least roughly)
 where you intend to take the code to or else work in branch and do less
frequent code drops from there.

--
dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research ---- ibm zurich research lab
SL: dr scofield ---- drscofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net ---- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/