[Opensim-dev] breaking OpenSim.ini changes

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Tue May 19 17:07:49 UTC 2009

I feel that we should view trunk as our best effort at a functional code base with no guarantee. The most important thing is that it should compile. Beyond that, new checkins that add new features should be explained to the early adopters and testers that are wringing out the details and finding the bugs. Hence my plea for *something* written *sometime*.

Our early adopters and testers are our partners in this endeavour. They provide the feedback to the developers and the rest of the community about confidence on Windows/Linux variations, existing inventories, standalone versus grid deployments and regression. This means that in order to have the best efficiency at OpenSim development, a few clues in the form of blogs, wiki paragraphs or even single FAQ entries helps immensely and cuts down on the time the developer has to spend supporting his or her creation.

It is entirely reasonable for a developer to enlist help from a member of the community to write those blog, wiki or FAQ entries, and I would urge us all to do so.

Charles