[Opensim-dev] [INFO] New config variables

diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
Sun May 17 15:18:45 UTC 2009

Thanks for staying away from svn head for the past day and a half. Tests
indicate that head is relatively stable, and ready to be further tested
in the wild. As usual, head should not be used in production grids, *ever*.

We are starting to move OpenSim into a new software architecture. With
it comes a new set of configuration variables that will eventually
replace the old ones. As you update your simulators into these recent
revisions (post r9562), you need to add these configuration variables to
your OpenSim.ini, or it won't startup -- it will crash on the first
action related to fetching assets.

Here is a page documenting what these new variables are, and how to set
them appropriately.
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Services_and_Service_Connectors_Configuration

PLEASE NOTE that all names of variables in there may still change within
the next couple of weeks, as we converge on vocabulary and tighten up
the architecture. For that reason, I continue to urge people who don't
need to be on the bleeding edge of OpenSim to stay on a stable release
for another while. Head is 100% compatible with the older revisions, and
with the existing UGAIM servers, so if you don't need to update, don't
update.