[Opensim-dev] Basic Groups

Jason Fisher bikcmp2 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:27:07 UTC 2009

Hi, I downloaded the most recent version of opensim in SVN, and compiled it.
 I enabled the GROUP section, in the INI, and it doesnt work.  When I make a
group, it does nothing, just stays on group creation screen.
Here's my OPENSIM.INI file:

-------------GROUP SECTION IN INI STARTS AFTER THIS LINE----------
[Groups]
    Enabled = true

    ; This is the current groups stub in Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Groups
    ;Module  = Default

    ; The XmlRpcGroups implementation can be used against the publically
available service
    ; that I have made available for testing.  Your group data is not
guarenteed safe
    ; or available if you use this service, but it's available now and seems
to work.
    ; The PHP code for the service is available for you to deploy to your
own server.
    ;
    Module  = XmlRpcGroups

    XmlRpcServiceURL       = http://osflotsam.org/xmlrpc.php
    ;XmlRpcServiceReadKey = 1234
    ;XmlRpcServiceWriteKey = 1234
    XmlRpcMessagingEnabled = true
    XmlRpcNoticesEnabled   = true

    ; This makes the XmlRpcGroups modules very chatty on the console.
    ;XmlRpcDebugEnabled     = true

    ; Disables HTTP Keep-Alive for Groups Module HTTP Requests, work around
for
    ; a problem discovered on some Windows based region servers.  Only
disable
    ; if you see a large number (dozens) of the following Exceptions:
    ; System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was
canceled.
    ;
    ; XmlRpcDisableKeepAlive = false

 Does anyone who can help or got it working IM or Email me? Thanks.My email
is bikcmp2 at gmail.com
My AIM is bikcmp
GTALK is bikcmp2 at gmail.com
I also have a MSN but don't renember it atm.