[Opensim-dev] Legal Issues was RFC Profiles

Colin B. Withers Colin.Withers at eumetsat.int
Tue Mar 31 16:34:58 UTC 2009

Won't this also force grids to do what SL do and forbid users to transfer their accounts/log in details to someone else (and hence all their inventory)?

Why do I get the feeling that we are starting to wade in mud?

Can't all the issues of permissions, i.e. the three future (next owner) permissions, and the extra two current permissions (anyone can copy, anyone can move), and licensing, all be dealt with in the TOS of the individual grids, which then apply to all users of that grid, both creators and end-users?

Can you imagine the mess of an object with multiple textures, filled with various anims, scripts and notecards (thinking sexgen bed here), and they all have different permissions/licenses. Doesn't bear thinking about :(

Rock