[Opensim-dev] Legal Issues was RFC Profiles

Kyle Hamilton aerowolf at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:32:04 UTC 2009

I think perhaps the time's come for a 'metaverse-cliserv' developer
discussion list, that at least some of the global discussions can
occur upon.  This is a topic that's relevant to EVERYTHING, and
hashing out a standard means of attaching copyright information to
assets (either embedded or otherwise inherently linked) would be
useful to everyone.

it'd be even better if it could be set up as a newsgroup (NTTP, ew...
except it'd be better than clogging our inboxes every time a message
comes in.)

What we seem to have is people split between both sides, trying to
communicate their understandings to their various teams, and a dearth
of actual communication.  (If it'd be possible, it'd also be nice to
get a lawyer or two involved there to dispel various myths and
misunderstandings.)

-Kyle H