[Opensim-dev] Legal Issues was RFC Profiles

Chris Hart Chris at codetorque.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 16:57:52 UTC 2009

Licence sounds good, actually, if we could find a way to integrate that. I’m happy for folks to take content I have created elsewhere, other opensim grids, etc. A licence next to each item and my name next to it would be nice to have, however it’s implemented, to make it clear I’m happy for you to use it, just know that I made it originally. Likewise, the option of copyright, reserved rights, etc. and terms on redistribution would be great to have alongside other content. I would love to have that in opensim, clear as crystal, dispel any confusion.

I tell people “Full perms!= full rights, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn’t. If in doubt, ask the creator”, but that’s not really ideal.