[Opensim-dev] RFC: Ways of creating profiles for creators who will never log in

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:07:15 UTC 2009

There are some strong ideas here for the future, but I think that the
original problem has been lost in the mix (or perhaps I missed something in
the thread, not entirely out of the question ;)
Unless I am mistaken, the real problem is older content imported from SL -
how to preserve the creator ID of such content?

The scenario, I am sure, is not unfamiliar:

OS user purchases full rights content on the Linden Grid; OS user, through
hook or crook, imports said content, because he has no intention of ever
using it on the Linden Grid; creator of said content discovers that the
content has been relocated and cries foul because his/her creator
identification has been 'removed'.

While the foregoing discussions itt address the potentiality of this
scenario as it would occur when the content originates on an OS grid, what
do we do about preservation of the ID of the creator of content from that
distant but arguably compatible foreign grid we all know and love so well?

Cheers
James/Hiro/daTwitch

http://osgrid.org
http://del.icio.us/SPQR