[Opensim-dev] RFC: Ways of creating profiles for creators who will never log in

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:49:05 UTC 2009

Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
 > (3)  Separate the current 'users' table into 'userprofiles' and
'users' tables.
>=20
> 'userprofiles' will largely contain all the metadata about a user that =
you can see in the profile on the Linden Labs=20
> Second Life client today (name, about, interests, 1st life, etc.).
>=20
> 'users' will contain the data associated with a particular account (pas=
swordHash, passwordSalt, homeRegion,=20
> homeLocationX, etc.)

I think this is the best approach, but what happens when someone tries
to create an account that already has a profile?

I think it might make sense to add a flag (bool) to the user profile for
"real vs. informational", and inject something dynamically into the
"about" property indicating that.  That would let you actually have 2 or
more Neas Bade profiles on a system, but only 1 be a live account, with
the others being point in time capture of content I might have created,
stuck into an oar file, and let wander around the internet (and still
get credit for doing).

	-Sean

--=20
Sean Dague / Neas Bade