[Opensim-dev] density

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 22 23:18:56 UTC 2009

I'm not criticizing the mass of the avatar at all, but I am trying to look forward to a time when we could have different masses of prims and objects and go beyond what traditional secondlife is used to.

In thinking about that, I am hoping we could discuss how we might make a table or enum's of several materials such as shown in the client for rubber, glass, metal, stone and see some advantage in our use of physics for materials of differing densities and frictions.

Perhaps it may not matter what the avatar density is so much, as it might matter how we move forward in defining additional material properties for OpenSim that make use of the packet types already defined.

Charles