[Opensim-dev] Voice chat through Asterix

Dr Scofield DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Tue Mar 17 14:51:22 UTC 2009

Geetika S wrote:
> Hi
>
> In a nutshell, we run a server on the client side which receives avatar
> positions from an in-world script running on an avatar attachment. The
> server gives position info to Mumble locally.  Am a bit caught up in
> something. Will post more details/exes on this soon.

interesting. so the server is basically your mumble client?

if that is the case, you should be able to extend that client into an SLVoice
replacement. with the latest SL client (>= 1.22.9) we do get all parameters
passed through from the SL client to SLVoice --- and that includes the position
of the avatar.

if we get that running we could create an uber-SLVoice that looks at the account
 UR: if it's a vivox one it will start the real-SVLoice and pass all XML
requests to it (and vice versa), if it's a mumble one, it will work as a mumble
client...

	DrS/dirk

--
dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research ---- ibm zurich research lab