[Opensim-dev] Unit tests should not be coupled (WAS: Re: [Opensim-commits] r8737 - trunk/OpenSim/Framework/Communications/Tests)

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:56:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:30:18 -0300
Arthur Valadares <arthursv at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Mike, you seem to have some good knowledge in this area, would be nice
> if you could contribute to Automated Testing in wiki with this
> information, as none of this is talked about there.

Thank you.

I have spent some time today to put some information on the wiki page.
Have a look at

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Automated_Testing

and also

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Example_Test_SQLite_Assets

where I placed the whole SQLiteAssetTest example.

I'm not sure that an in-depth tutorial on unit testing itself really
belongs on the OpenSim wiki, though. Other resources should be perused
to learn more about unit testing, such as the NUnit tutorial:

http://www.nunit.org/index.php?p=quickStart&r=2.4

Thanks,
Mike