[Opensim-dev] Ini file(s) loading

Brianna wwwench at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:52:11 UTC 2009

Sane values are desperately needed. I deal with many new users every week, in game and on forums. Most are x-pat SL content creators that are on top of that side but get hyper confused with an OpenSim binary. Many will tough it out and get an instance started but too many give up in frustration.

Lately my improved technique is to have them fetch the OpenSim.ini from OSGrid dl, that at least gets past the first hurdles sanely. Or if standalone, use that .ini with very minimal edit.

I suggest anyone here open ini.example and look at it from a new user semi technical viewpoint.