[Opensim-dev] Unit tests should not be coupled (WAS: Re: [Opensim-commits] r8737 - trunk/OpenSim/Framework/Communications/Tests)

Tommi Laukkanen tommi.s.e.laukkanen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 06:08:39 UTC 2009

Hello

In my experience the situation is that it is not feasible to write
unit test for things like repositories without relying in the test
order inside one test case. So that you can create add, update and
delete in that order. The same thing applies for any complex stateful
object/process where you want to test the states step by step and have
it fail in separate test phase so the first failure point is clearly
indicated in the test result.

My 2 cents: I know what the theory is but in practice to have useful
test set with reasonable amount of work ordered tests are a good
pattern.

- tommi