[Opensim-dev] critical issue mantis 3247

Sacha Magne sacha.magne at k-grid.com
Thu Mar 5 15:13:36 UTC 2009

Dear Fellows Osimer,

Since the new stable relese (6.3), I'm not able to start opensim.exe with
cron or any other tools like monit.
Something is definitivly broken or altered.
We found with _MW the "problem" appears with the new console system.

According discution on the chat and on osgrid forum, i'm not the only one to
have this behaviour.

Maybe something is missing in the environment but i can't find anything
different between the script running from bash and the same running from
monit or cron;

All the info i got :
it works fine under bash
Crash when started from cron;initrc;monit
option like background true/false and/or gui=true/false won't change
anything

It crash when the simulator is lucnh from a sub-shell / process.

Any help will be gladly appreciated !

Sacha

http://K-grid.com
Just be cause it's Kool