[Opensim-dev] Ini file(s) loading

MW michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 00:14:03 UTC 2009

Well I only inserted the loading from the config folder, inbetween the two existing steps. It has always been that the 'masterini' file was loaded first (if one was given as a argument) and then opensim.ini (or whatever was set with -inifile) was loaded.

The original idea behind the master being that it could be a master file for say a whole grid, while each one had some local changes in the bin\opensim.ini.

But I agree that it can be confusing, especially with the chosen names. So maybe we do need to rethink that.