[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-users] Load Testing

Mic Bowman cmickeyb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:55:48 UTC 2009

Robert,

As you can imagine, we're particularly interested in performance.
We've put together a collection of synthetic workloads that isolate
various aspects of the simulator (physics, network, scene complexity).
The tests are largely automated (using the libomv testclient) and can
easily be run with a simulator, a few clients, and a fast network.

Another thing we're doing that you might find interesting is that
we're profiling runs of the various tests to help isolate the
performance bottlenecks. We plan to update the profile information as
we run the various tests against different versions of OpenSim.

All the tests and profile data is available from the ScienceSim wiki:
http://www.sciencesim.com/wiki/doku.php/opensim/start

Finally, we'd really like your feedback on other tests we might add to
the suite.

--mic

C. Mic Bowman, PhD
Principal Engineer, Intel Corp