[Opensim-dev] Estate export

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:37:41 UTC 2009

SignpostMarv Martin wrote:
> Is it possible to export multiple regions to a single archive for easy
> import/export ?

Unfortunately not right now.  I do recognize that it would be nice to have but the feature is a lot of work.  Exporting
itself would require quite a lot of code (as well as overcoming the fact that the archiver module is not currently
shared between regions).  Importing requires the same work and in addition code to make sure that the region layout on
the server matched that of the archive being imported (or maybe even more snazzy things like automatically setting up
regions), etc.

> I've been messing around with arching an estate, but there doesn't seem
> to be an easy way to do this- one particular annoyance is that the
> individual region archives will duplicate assets.
>

> ~ Marv.

justincc
Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com