[Opensim-dev] OpenID

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Tue Mar 3 10:59:32 UTC 2009

Diva,

while I know you've made your last post on the point, I just wanted to tell you I'm in 100% agreement. I had heard talk about the weakness of openId before, but never really looked into it.

This just amazes me.

Technicians really believe that we won't see forms posting to malicious pop-ups that has removed and/or substituted all browser UI? Counting on the end-user to know exactly what experience to expect, what icons to click to secure ceritificates?

If this is really how openId is supposed to work, if you're really supposed to be _told_ where and how to go to authenticate by _the_very_party_ you're trying to authenticate against...

Amazing.

Now, I won't comment further either. I believe it's more important to get ANY security scheme in place than to get the RIGHT one in place.

Let's just make sure it's pluggable.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB