[Opensim-dev] Existing CAPs

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Mon Mar 2 01:27:33 UTC 2009

I'm trying to understand what exactly *we* are doing wrt CAPs. I'm a bit
confused.
Here's the list of all capabilities I see in the code:

EventQueueGet   http://<sim>/CAPS/EQG/<random uuid>
ObjectAdd   http://<sim>/CAPS/OA/<random uuid>
RemoteParcelRequest   http://<sim>/CAPS/<caps seed>0009/
MapLayer   http://<sim>/CAPS/<caps seed>0001/
PublicSnapshotDataInfo   http://<sim>/CAPS/<caps seed>DS0001/
ParcelVoiceInfoRequest   http://<sim>/CAPS/<caps seed>0007/
ProvisionVoiceAccountRequest   http://<sim>/CAPS/<caps seed>0008/
ViewerStats   http://<sim>/CAPS/VS/<random uuid>
NewFileAgentInventory   http://<sim>/CAPS/<caps seed>0002/
UpdateNotecardAgentInventory   http://<sim>/CAPS/<caps seed>0004/
UpdateScriptAgentInventory   <same as above>
UpdateScriptAgent   <same as above>
UpdateScriptTaskInventory   http://<sim>/CAPS/<caps seed>0005/
UpdateScriptTask   <same as above>

I've cross-referenced these with LL messages documented here
http://wiki.secondlife.com/w/index.php?title=Category:Messages
And I found only 2 names that match, namely: ObjectAdd and ViewerStats.

Can someone please explain to me where the names of these capabilities
come from? These are the names that are being sent to the viewer, so
they must have a meaning there.
I'm intrigued about them all, because there are so few matches with the
LL message list, but particularly about the PublicSnapshotDataInfo
capability, since I was the original developer of that module. As far as
I know, the viewer knows nothing about the data snapshot feature -- why
are we sending it that capability?

<Totally confused>
Crista
Thanks.