[Opensim-dev] Authentication and oAuth

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Sun Mar 1 20:44:37 UTC 2009

As for documentation about CAPs in the Linden world... :-) there is
none, zip, nada. Even that simple question that Dirk asked on the sldev
list about inventory CAPs has been unanswered for 3 days.

This has been a guessing game, first by whoever did that part and then
by me as I started looking into teleports. All I know is that we can use
those client capabilities in a non-trivial manner to produce a more
secure system than what we have now. Specifically we can prevent regions
from teleporting users, which they could do maliciously, simply by not
giving them a seed cap.