[Opensim-dev] TP protocol handle

Cristina Videira Lopes lopes at ics.uci.edu
Fri Jan 30 12:15:35 UTC 2009

Dr Scofield wrote:
> Cristina Videira Lopes wrote:
>
>> Dirk,
>>
>> How do I make the SL viewer underline these things?
>> I still don't know what packet is involved, but I can see that urls like
>> these
>> http://slurl.com/secondlife/Foo/
>> secondlife://Foo/
>> result in something being sent to the server querying for region Foo.
>> That's all I need to make it happen.
>>

> do you? what if Foo is on another grid? is that taken care by HG?

I mean I can take care of urls like this:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9003/

What follows after /secondlife/ is the variable part, it seems (my Foo
before :-); the important thing is that the viewer seems to understand
that urls like this
http://slurl.com/secondlife/...
are supposed to send something to the server, as opposed to pulling up a
web browser like the other URLs do.
Same with
secondlife://ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9003/

As long as the viewer sends that variable part to the server (thinking
that it's a region name), or any other string resulting from an
hyperlink, I can make it happen.

But if the info doesn't go, that is not possible.