[Opensim-dev] TP protocol handle

Dirk Krause dirk.krause at pixelpark.com
Thu Jan 29 20:54:55 UTC 2009

just for the record:
http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/2009/01/07/addressing-places-in-virtual-worldsor-why-slurls-are-bad/

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de im Auftrag von Cristina Videira Lopes
Gesendet: Do 29.01.2009 20:05
An: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de
Betreff: [Opensim-dev] TP protocol handle

Hi,

I want to take HG TPs to the next logical step and support dynamic
links, that is, the ability for the user to simply click on something
like this

http://ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9003/

and be teleported there from anywhere on the Metaverse.

The question is: what should these handles look like?

I see a variety of protocol handles out there, and I confess I don't
understand entirely how the viewer handles these -- but I'll figure it
out. In any case, I see:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Foo/126/32/
secondlife://Foo/126/32/  (this doesn't come underlined on my viewer,
for some reason)
rezzme://ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9003/Foo/126/32 (this also doesn't come
underlined)

Obviously, the closest to what we need is the rezzme handler. Is that
working already? Should I take that on for the hypergrid? Or something
else? Does anyone know if/how the viewer sends that hyperlink clicking
event to the server?

Crista