[Opensim-dev] Conversion to IClientCore

MW michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 19:40:47 UTC 2009

There is also IClientFileTransfer (and LLFileTransfer) that I moving all the err client file transfer code. But thats still a work in progress.

Charles Krinke <cfk at pacbell.net> wrote: This seems like a capital idea to me and will allow OpenSim to more easily have modules added for other, non-secondlife clients in the future in addition to making the current modrex project move more smoothly. So, lets get going.

I have looked at the http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OpenSim_0.6_IClientAPI page on the wiki and it seems reasonable.

I also looked at OpenSim/Framework/Client and see IClientCore.cs and two interface files, IClientIM.cs and ICLientChat.cs

So, as I understand the project, we are formally requesting patches to help migrate the 500 subroutines currently using IClientAPI to use IClientCore and when all the relevant subroutines have IClientCore implementations, we will deprecate the existing IClientAPI methods.

Charles

p.s. There are still 27 LSL  functions in the "NotImplemented" state and even modest patches to have just some functionality would help. I would really like to get all the "NotImplemented" out of the source so we can declare the first phase of LSL implementation done in accordance with Tedd Hansen's vision.