[Opensim-dev] Proposal for a cleanup/correction of the region-module system

MW michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 10:12:34 UTC 2009

But do we standardize on one variant or standardise on that?

Sorry couldn't stop myself :)

Dr Scofield <DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net> wrote: Ryan McDougall wrote:
> My apologies for thread-jacking...
>
> I just want to be clear I didn't propose it because I came later and
> decided I didn't like UK spelling. I am Canadian and historically
> Canadians have used UK spelling.
>
> I proposed it for the same reason (US) English is the standard
> language of all things international; business, science, open source,
> etc: we have to pick one anyway, there will be more people unhappy
> with the choice than happy, so might as well just pick the most common
> one and suck it up.

so, to balance things a bit, if we actually do want to standardize one spelling
system, i'd say, let's standardize on the UK variant then, given that that is
the one OpenSim was born with.

--
dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research ---- ibm zurich research lab
SL: dr scofield ---- drscofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net ---- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/