[Opensim-dev] Proposal: Removal of the Data Framework

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Mon Jan 26 08:04:16 UTC 2009

As I understand it, we have no longer anything actually using the Data Mapper Framework introduced as a proposed alterantive to NHibernate a year ago.

I propose we now retire that piece of code. These are the projects that will be removed:

* OpenSim.Data.MySQLMapper
* OpenSim.Data.MSSQLMapper
* OpenSim.Data.Base
In OpenSim.Data, the following classes would be removed:
* OpenSimDatabaseConnector.cs
* OpenSimDataReader.cs
* OpenSimObjectFieldMapper.cs* PrimitiveBaseShapeTableMapper.cs

Also, the AvatarFactoryModule erroneously still references these namespaces, but that's a minor fix.

If nobody has a strong objection, I will start removing these files Feb 2 2009.
Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB