[Opensim-dev] Proposal for a cleanup/correction of the region-module system

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 10:50:21 UTC 2009

My apologies for thread-jacking...

I just want to be clear I didn't propose it because I came later and
decided I didn't like UK spelling. I am Canadian and historically
Canadians have used UK spelling.

I proposed it for the same reason (US) English is the standard
language of all things international; business, science, open source,
etc: we have to pick one anyway, there will be more people unhappy
with the choice than happy, so might as well just pick the most common
one and suck it up.

That said, I don't actually care a lot UK v. US. However, I *do* think
there should be coding standards and I *do* think they should be
enforced, regardless of what any individual person likes. That means
naming conventions, indentation, and spelling. Its an issue of common
standards, professionalism, code quality, and cooperation.

Cheers,