[Opensim-dev] Proposal for a cleanup/correction of the region-module system

Jeff Ames jeffames at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 02:33:14 UTC 2009

Hello,

I think the new region module spec sounds pretty good, though TBH I'm
not intimately familiar with the current situation.  A couple
thoughts:

For a non-shared module, is there a functional difference between
Initialise and AddRegion?  Likewise with RemoveRegion and Close.

For shared modules, is there some technical reason or use case that
requires a PostInitialise after Initialise?  The only case I can think
of is interdependent region modules that need each other to be
initialized before they can add regions.

Jeff