[Opensim-dev] anon logins

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 23 19:28:13 UTC 2009

Overweight tourist with a camera like There.com ??

But, yes, that is another good question, how should we represent the avatar and what features should a sim allow to a guest avatar. All good things to consider as we evolve the Metaverse off into the future.

Personally, I would think a guest should have the ability to read notecards, experience scripts, probably be able to "touch". Things that would fit into the paradigm of a naive user entering the Metaverse for the first time.

I like the browser Xenkii idea. I rather suspect most of these folks will enter our Metaverse through some sort of browser interface as a result of a hyperlink on a 'Flat Web Site'.

Charles