[Opensim-dev] new Mono

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 22 23:54:57 UTC 2009

Thanks, Coyle:

This actually brings into the light one of our issues, and that is mono idiosyncracies versus OpenSim idiosyncracies.

Many folks have advanced their mono to mono-2.0.1. Most of those with 1.2.6 are having problems with reliability. Some of those with mono-1.9.1 are having problems. Some of the mono-2.0.1 binary compiled packages have problems and I think the Ubuntu may be one of them.

So, ... what some of us are recommending lately is to compile mono from source and if there are problems, compile with the large heap option.

Charles