[Opensim-dev] Status of voice

Dirk Krause dirk.krause at pixelpark.com
Thu Jan 22 17:30:34 UTC 2009

Regarding voice:  I very much liked the approach of having the Asterisk connection, like you described in your blog entry.  In general, I think SIP etc. is the way to go - I mean how cool is it to pick up a phone and call into an OpenSim voice meeting?  And also being able to integrate with a softphone? So I hope guys don't lose this vision ...

Other than that - did anybody think about a mumble/murmur integration? Or are there any objections regarding licensing, usage of libraries, etc?

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Best,
  Dirk/Barth